Our service is at the core of the traceability process that is vital to the provenance of all beef and dairy produced in this country.
In 1996 we were awarded the contract to provide the ‘National Bovine Registration and Passport Issuing Service’ to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) and remains the provider to this day. Our service is at the core of the traceability that is vital to the provenance of all beef and dairy produced in this country - an industry that is worth €10 billion per annum to the Irish economy. Today, we:
- Register 2,300,000 calves annually
- Issue passports within two days of registration
- Provide help-desk facilities for herd-owners
- Record all farm-to-farm movements in Ireland
- Record all on-farm deaths
In 2002 we were further contracted by DAFM to manage the movement of pigs in Ireland through a dual notification arrangement where both seller and buyer notify us of the movement.
In 2013 we were awarded a contract by the Department of the Environment, Farming and Rural Affairs (Defra) in the UK to manage the movement of sheep, goats and deer in England. The contract is run from our Northampton office and integrates with the Scottish and Welsh systems to record cross border movements.
Our services, which meet all national and EU requirements and are certified to ISO 9001:2008 standard, possess the following functionality and capabilities:
- Multi-species animal registration and traceability databases
- Recording of births, all movements, exports, imports and deaths
- Portals developed in-house for online stakeholder transactions
- Supporting back office and bureau services
- Passport printing facility
- Secure document storage and destruction service